Bachelor of Arts
(Government & Public Policy) (Honours)
- 3 Years
(R/345/6/0797) 04/20 (A10973)
Find out more or Apply Now !
Let’s maintain social distancing.
Talk to our counselors – online.
TARSOG’s Bachelor of Arts (Government & Public Policy) (Honours) is a holistic and integrated programme designed to meet the demands of the public sector in terms of knowledgeable and highly skilled human capital that is capable of managing and leading organisations in the competitive global environment.
This programme provides sufficient flexibility to meet both the needs of students without fixed career objectives and the needs of those already in the public service who wish to enhance their skills or prepare themselves for career enhancement. Students will be provided with a comprehensive understanding of economic, legal, political, and governmental institutions, systems, and processes pertinent to the progress and development of the public sector. One of its major objectives is to develop interpersonal abilities and skills among public administrators to be able to function effectively and efficiently in order to enhance the performance of the public sector.
This Bachelor of Arts (Government & Public Policy) (Honours) is unique and specifically designed for full-time students and it is a three-year programme by coursework. Students of TARSOG will complete their degree programme with internships intended to provide hands-on experience in managing and working in the public sector. Internship programmes will be developed in collaboration with public sector agencies and students will register after the completion of all required courses.
- To provide an academic program with sufficient flexibility to meet both the needs of students without fixed career objective and the needs of those already in the public service who wish to enhance their skills or prepare themselves for career enhancement.
- To provide adequate foundation work in subject areas that are fundamental to a liberal, professionally-oriented education and to prepare for career objectives including graduate work.
- To enhance understanding of economic, legal, political, and governmental institutions, systems and processes pertinent to the progress and development of the public sector.
- To ensure development of analytical and quantitative abilities and skills for defining and solving problems relevant to the public sector.
- To develop interpersonal abilities and skills to be able to function effectively and efficiently in order to enhance the performance of the public sector.
- To provide understanding of human behavior, i.e. individual, group and organisational, including the development of abilities and skills for analyzing and coping with behavioral situations in the public sector.
- To provide understanding of various administrative and management systems, approaches and processes.
Find out your qualification that matches to enter the programme.
A pass at the STPM level with a minimum of Grade Point of 2.00 in any TWO (2) subjects and a pass in Mathematics and English at SPM level; Note: The requirement for a PASS in Mathematics and English at the SPM level can be excluded if the candidate obtained a credit or higher grade at STPM.
A pass A-Level with a minimum of Gred D in any TWO (2) subjects, and pass in Mathematics and English at SPM level.
A pass at the Matriculation level, or Foundation or Pre-university with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 from an institution recognized by the Malaysian Government.
Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM)
A pass at the Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) level with a minimum grade of Jayyid and a pass in Mathematics and English at SPM level; Note: The requirement for PASS in Mathematics and English at the SPM level can be excluded if the candidate obtained a credit or higher grade at STAM.
A pass at the UEC level with minimum of grade B in FIVE (5) subjects including a pass in Mathematics & English.
A Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 from universities/colleges recognized by the Malaysian Government.
International Baccalaureate (IB)
A pass at the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma level with minimum score of 30 points.
Other equivalent qualifications recognised by MQA/Malaysian Government • Diploma Kolej Vokasional (DVM) • Diploma Executive UM APEL (Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning)
IELTS 5.5/CEFR B1 or TOEFL PBT (410-413) or TOEFL IBT (34) or CAE (160) (Cambridge English: Advance)/CER B2 or CPE (180) (Cambridge English: Proficiency)/CEFR C1 or PTE (Person Test of English) (36) or a minimum of Grade C in First Cambridge English (FCE) minimum scale or MUET (Malaysian University English Test) (Band 3).
Successful attainment of FCE minimum of Grade C (162) conducted by the Centre for English Language (CEL) within 12 months from the date of entry with conditional offer letter.
The validity period for TOEFL and IELTS is TWO (2) years from the date of the award.
Find out the programme structure and the fees & funding for this programme.
This programme requires a total of 120 credits to complete and is divided into parts as follows:
General Courses by MOHE
- Tamadun Islam dan Tamadun Asia (TITAS)
- Hubungan. Etnik
- Malaysian Studies
- Thinking Skills / Bahasa Kebangsaan A
- Introduction to the Malaysian Constitution
- Melayu Komunikasi 2 (International)
- Co-curriculum (Professional
Event Management / Community
Engagement & Volunteering)
- Academic English
- Professional Communication Skills
- Volunteerism and Service Learning
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Principles of Management
- Statistic for Social Science
- Introduction to Demography
- Malaysian Government and Administration
- Public Policy, Planning and Process
- Public Sector Management
- Malaysian Political and Legal System
- Business and Government Relations
- Non-Governmental Organization and Management
- Environment Issue and Policy
- Negotiation and Conflict Management
- Political Economy for Development
- International Relations and Diplomacy
- Project Planning and Development
- Financial and Management
- Accounting in the Public Sector
- Leadership, Ethic and Governance
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Public Administration and Service
- Introduction to Political Science
- Introduction to Sociology
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Malaysian Economy and Policy
- Issue in Globalization
- Development of Economics
- Research Methodology
- Organizational Behaviour
- Research Project
- International Trade and Policy
- Innovation in Organization
- Islamic. Leadership and Governance
- Future Studies
*For enquiries on our programme fees, please contact our Marketing Department at 03 2730 7231 / 7053 / 7043 / 7184 / 7041 / 7046
Identify a great career opportunity
that is right for you.
- Economic research and consultancy
- Policy researcher
- Risk management
- Banking management
- Public sector management
- Public policy development
- Investment operation and management
You Might Be
Look for other programmes that you might be interested.