Bachelor of INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
(Honours) Majoring In Computer Forensics
- 3 Years
(R2/481/6/0555) 03/24 (A10597)
Find out more or Apply Now !
Let’s maintain social distancing.
Talk to our counselors – online.
Due to worldwide cybersecurity threats to businesses and government agencies, professionals with a degree in computer forensics are highly sought after. Computer forensics, a subset of digital forensic science deals with evidence collected on computers and other digital storage devices. It aims to investigate digital material in a forensically sound manner in order to identify, preserve, retrieve, analyze, and provide facts and views about its storage in order to safeguard it.
The programme is designed to produce computer forensics analysts who can seamlessly transition from university to the industry. Students will master the principles of computer forensics, ethical hacking and implementation as well as the legal aspects of forensic investigations. Employers in the business sector, law enforcement and intelligence will be ready to recruit students once they have graduated.
Find out your qualification that matches to enter the programme.
A pass in STPM with a minimum Grade C (GP 2.0) in any 2 subjects and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent; OR
*Note Candidate with a credit in computing related subject at SPM or STPM level or its equivalent may be given preferential consideration.
A Diploma in Computer Science OR Software Engineering OR Information Technology OR Information Systems or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent; OR
Any other Diploma in Science and technology or business studies with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 may be admitted, subject to a rigorous internal assessment process and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent.
A pass in Matriculation or Foundation studies with minimum CGPA of 2.0 and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent; OR
*Note: Candidate with a credit in computing related subject at SPM or STPM level or its equivalent may be given preferential consideration.
Find out the programme structure and the fees & funding for this programme.
- Information Technology Fundamentals
- Human Computer Interaction
- Information Security
- System Administration and Maintenance
- Computer Organization and Architecture
- Social and Professional Issues
- Web Systems and Technologies
- Information Management
- Mathematics and Statistics for IT
- Networking Fundamentals
- Programming Principles and Techniques
- Internet Programming
- Platform Technologies
- Principles of Technology Marketing
- Web Segmentation and Analytics
- Computer Forensics, Crime & Justice
- Principles of Computer Forensics
- Ethical Hacking
- Computer Forensics Implementation
- Advanced Issues in Computer Forensics
- Legal Aspects of Computer Forensics
- Cyber Attacks
- Digital Forensics
- Digital Investigation
- Operating Systems
- Software Project Management
- Tamadun Islam Tamadun Asia (TITAS) (Local)
- Hubungan Etnik (Local)
- Malaysian Studies (International)
- Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2 (International)
- Thinking Skills / Bahasa Kebangsaan A
- Introduction to the Malaysian Constitution
- Co-Curriculum (Professional Event Management / Community Engagement & Volunteering)
Electives (choose 4 courses only)
- Public Speaking 1
- Public Speaking 2
- Volunteerism and Service Learning
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Service Operations Management
- Leadership, Innovation and Change
- Production and Operations Management
- Organizational Design
- Quality Management Systems and Auditing
- Contemporary Issues in Business
- Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- Organizational Development
- Quality Management
Final Year Project
Project Paper in Information Technology
For Information Technology
*For enquiries on our programme fees, please contact our Marketing Department at 03 2730 7231 / 7053 / 7043 / 7184 / 7041 / 7046
Identify a great career opportunity
that is right for you.
Computer Forensics Investigator
Computer Forensics Technician
Information Systems Security Analyst
Forensics Computer Analyst
Computer Systems Security Analyst
Information Technology Auditor
You Might Be
Look for other programmes that you might be interested.