Bachelor of Business Administration
(Honours) Majoring in Business Analytics
- 3 Years
(R/345/6/0692) 01/20 (A11203)
Find out more or Apply Now !
Let’s maintain social distancing.
Talk to our counselors – online.
For the Bachelor Administration (Honours) majoring in Business Analytics, students will study, analyse and interpret the big data of organizations and businesses. Business Analytics is about exploring and inspecting data from the past and using it to formulate business and marketing plans for the future. Nowadays this is an important part of management science and there is increasing demand for Business Analytics professionals.
Business Analytics is based on data and statistical methods. It focuses on using a set of metrics to investigate the past performance of a company in order to gain valuable insight, predict trends and carry out business planning and decision-making for the future. When used effectively, Business Analytics can assist companies to optimize their performance.
This course trains students in 4 main areas: Decision Analytics, Descriptive Analytics, Predictive Analytics and Prescriptive Analytics.
As skilled Business Analytics professionals, our graduates have a range of attractive job opportunities available in organisations such as Multi-National Companies (MNCs), Retailers, Manufacturers, IT firms, Telecom companies, E-Commerce firms, Consultancies and Business Analytics and Intelligence firms.
Upon completion of the programme, our graduates may assume roles as a: Business Analyst, Business Strategist, Data Analyst, Project Manager, Data Mining Specialist, or Data Warehousing Specialist.
Find out your qualification that matches to enter the programme.
A pass at the STPM level with a minimum of Grade Point of 2.00 in any TWO (2) subjects and a pass in Mathematics and English at SPM level; Note: The requirement for a PASS in Mathematics and English at the SPM level can be excluded if the candidate obtained a credit or higher grade at STPM.
A - LEVEL
A pass A-Level with a minimum of Grade D in any 2 subjects, and pass in Mathematics and English at SPM level or any equivalent qualification;
A pass at the Matriculation level, or Foundation or Pre-university with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 from an institution recognized by the Malaysian Government;
Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM)
- A pass at the Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) level with a minimum grade of Jayyid and a pass in
- Mathematics and English at SPM level; Note: The requirement for PASS in Mathematics and English at the SPM level can be excluded if the candidate obtained a credit or higher grade at STAM.
A pass at the UEC level with minimum of grade B in FIVE (5) subjects including a pass in Mathematics & English;
A Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 from universities/colleges recognized by the Malaysian Government;
A pass at the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma level with minimum score of 30 points;
Other equivalent qualifications recognised by MQA/Malaysian Government
- Diploma Kolej Vokasional (DVM)
- Executive Diploma UM
APEL (Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning)
- IELTS 5.5 or a minimum of Grade B2 (162) in First Cambridge English (FCE) or MUET (Malaysian University English Test) (Band 3) or other equivalent English qualifications recognised by MQA/Malaysian Government. Successful attainment of FCE minimum of Grade B2 (162) conducted by the Centre for English Language (CEL) within 12 months from the date of entry with conditional offer letter.
- The validity period for TOEFL and IELTS is TWO (2) years from the date of the award.
Credit in Mathematics at SPM level
Find out the programme structure and the fees & funding for this programme.
This programme requires a total of 120 credits to complete and is divided into parts as follows:
General Courses by MOHE
- Tamadun Islam dan Tamadun Asia (TITAS)
- Hubungan. Etnik
- Malaysian Studies
- Thinking Skills / Bahasa Kebangsaan A
- Introduction to the Malaysian Constitution
- Melayu Komunikasi 2 (International)
- Co-curriculum (Professional
Event Management / Community
Engagement & Volunteering)
- Professional Communication Skills
- Academic English
- Volunteerism and Service Learning
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Program Core Courses
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Marketing Management
- Business Modelling
- Business Analytics
- Business Intelligence
- Data Visualization
- Programming for Analytics
- Predictive Analytics
- Big Data Analytics
- Advanced Production and Operations Management
- Data Mining
School Core Courses
- Corporate Social Policy
- Principles of Management
- Business Mathematics
- Business Statistics
- Principles of Finance
- Principles of Marketing
- Financial Management
- Business Law
- Strategic Management
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Organizational Behaviour
- Principle of Accounting
Elective Courses ( Choose 4 courses)
- Risk Management
- FinTech and Crowdfunding.
- Digital Revolution
- Case Study and Project Management
- Consumer Behaviour and Social Media
- Negotiation and Conflict Management
- Shariah and Fundamental of Islamic Financial Planning
- Islamic Financial Markets and Institutions
- Retailing Management
- Strategic Entrepreneurship
Internship for Business Administration
*For enquiries on our programme fees, please contact our Marketing Department at 03 2730 7231 / 7053 / 7043 / 7184 / 7041 / 7046
Identify a great career opportunity
that is right for you.
- Business Analyst
- Business Strategist
- Data Analyst
- Project Manager
- Data Mining Specialist
- Data warehousing Specialist
You Might Be
Look for other programmes that you might be interested.