Bachelor of Business Administration
(Honours) Majoring in Financial Technology
- 3 Years
(R/345/6/0692) 01/20 (A11203)
Find out more or Apply Now !
Let’s maintain social distancing.
Talk to our counselors – online.
Financial Technology (FinTech) which is defined as the evolving integration of technology and financial services is a new technology used to improve and automate the delivery and use of financial services. Essentially, FinTech is employed to help banks, financial organisations, companies, business owners and consumers to better understand and manage their financial operations, processes and lives by engaging specialised software and algorithms that can be found on computers and, increasingly, smartphones.
The BBA Majoring in FinTech is a cross-disciplinary course that combines Business quantitative and qualitative analytical tools, Finance, Technology Management and Innovation Management. The programme focuses on building students’ business sense, financial literacy, creativity and technology in management skills. The students will be equipped with knowledge and skills to meet current and future market needs and be ‘work ready’ upon graduation.
As more organisations realise the need for FinTech solutions and technologies to enhance their services and stay competitive, this has naturally led to a growth in jobs in FinTech related fields.
Our graduates will have job opportunities in the public or private sector for positions such as Financial Analyst, Product Manager, Business Analyst, Business Development Manager, Organisational Culture Champion, Data Specialist and Blockchain Developer
Find out your qualification that matches to enter the programme.
A pass at the STPM level with a minimum of Grade Point of 2.00 in any TWO (2) subjects and a pass in Mathematics and English at SPM level; Note: The requirement for a PASS in Mathematics and English at the SPM level can be excluded if the candidate obtained a credit or higher grade at STPM.
A - LEVEL
A pass A-Level with a minimum of Grade D in any 2 subjects, and pass in Mathematics and English at SPM level or any equivalent qualification;
A pass at the Matriculation level, or Foundation or Pre-university with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 from an institution recognized by the Malaysian Government;
Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM)
- A pass at the Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) level with a minimum grade of Jayyid and a pass in
- Mathematics and English at SPM level; Note: The requirement for PASS in Mathematics and English at the SPM level can be excluded if the candidate obtained a credit or higher grade at STAM.
A pass at the UEC level with minimum of grade B in FIVE (5) subjects including a pass in Mathematics & English;
A Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 from universities/colleges recognized by the Malaysian Government;
A pass at the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma level with minimum score of 30 points;
Other equivalent qualifications recognised by MQA/Malaysian Government
- Diploma Kolej Vokasional (DVM)
- Executive Diploma UM
APEL (Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning)
- IELTS 5.5 or a minimum of Grade B2 (162) in First Cambridge English (FCE) or MUET (Malaysian University English Test) (Band 3) or other equivalent English qualifications recognised by MQA/Malaysian Government. Successful attainment of FCE minimum of Grade B2 (162) conducted by the Centre for English Language (CEL) within 12 months from the date of entry with conditional offer letter.
- The validity period for TOEFL and IELTS is TWO (2) years from the date of the award.
Credit in Mathematics at SPM level
Find out the programme structure and the fees & funding for this programme.
This programme requires a total of 120 credits to complete and is divided into parts as follows:
General Courses by MOHE
- Tamadun Islam dan Tamadun Asia (TITAS)
- Hubungan. Etnik
- Malaysian Studies
- Thinking Skills / Bahasa Kebangsaan A
- Introduction to the Malaysian Constitution
- Melayu Komunikasi 2 (International)
- Co-curriculum (Professional
Event Management / Community
Engagement & Volunteering)
- Professional Communication Skills
- Academic English
- Volunteerism and Service Learning
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Program Core Courses
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Marketing Management
- Introduction to Supply Chain Management
- Financial Markets and Structures
- Introduction to Business Analytics
- Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Marketing for the Digital Economy
- Financial Modeling
- Blockchain and Digital Cryptocurrency
- Advanced Production and Operations Management
- Data Mining
School Core Courses
- Corporate Social Policy
- Principles of Management
- Business Mathematics
- Business Statistics
- Principles of Finance
- Principles of Marketing
- Financial Management
- Business Law
- Strategic Management
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Organizational Behaviour
- Principle of Accounting
Elective Courses ( Choose 4 courses)
- Fintech and Crowdfunding
- Consumer Behaviour and Social Media
- Digital Revolution
- Case Study and Project Management
- Risk Management
- Negotiation and Conflict Management
- Shariah and Fundamentals of Islamic Financial Planning
- Islamic Financial Markets and Institutions
- Retailing Management
- Strategic Entrepreneurship
Internship for Business Administration
*For enquiries on our programme fees, please contact our Marketing Department at 03 2730 7231 / 7053 / 7043 / 7184 / 7041 / 7046
Identify a great career opportunity
that is right for you.
- Financial Analyst
- Product Manager
- Business Analyst
- Business Development Manager
- Organisational Culture Champion
- Data Specialist
- Blockchain Developer
You Might Be
Look for other programmes that you might be interested.