Bachelor of Business Administration
(Honours) Majoring in Social Media
- 3 Years
(R/345/6/0692) 01/20 (A11203)
Find out more or Apply Now !
Let’s maintain social distancing.
Talk to our counselors – online.
Social Media (SocMed) relates to websites and applications, electronically designed to enable people to publicise content quickly, efficiently, and in real-time. The capability to share photos, opinions, events, etc. in real-time has changed the manner in which we live, and also, the way we do business. When business embarks on social media as a core element of its marketing strategy, it generally sees measurable results.
Taking into consideration the importance of SocMed in life and business, UNIRAZAK has specially designed a BBA majoring in SocMed for future employment demands. This undergraduate degree equips students with business fundamentals, SocMed knowledge & skills and their practical application in work environments through hybrid learning.
What is a BBA majoring in Social Media? The program focuses on marketing fundamentals and theory infused with the practical role of digital media and communication elements in real-world business applications. A Bachelor of Business Administration majoring in Social Media prepares students for jobs that use the most up-to-date analytical tools and digital media techniques.
Core subjects focus on business quantitative and qualitative analytical tools, brand & advertising, management, communications, sales and marketing. Curricula include general consumer behaviour, entrepreneurship, data mining, digital communication and web-based applications development.
The program concentration may be tailored, allowing students to focus on specific areas of interest such as retailing, marketing communications, finance & banking, or energy and oil and gas in their internship programme during the final year of study.
Individuals may be hired for positions such as social media project leaders, web developers, interactive content specialists, digital communication managers, product managers, SocMed managers, consumer behaviour managers and digital designers.
Find out your qualification that matches to enter the programme.
A pass at the STPM level with a minimum of Grade Point of 2.00 in any TWO (2) subjects and a pass in Mathematics and English at SPM level; Note: The requirement for a PASS in Mathematics and English at the SPM level can be excluded if the candidate obtained a credit or higher grade at STPM.
A - LEVEL
A pass A-Level with a minimum of Grade D in any 2 subjects, and pass in Mathematics and English at SPM level or any equivalent qualification;
A pass at the Matriculation level, or Foundation or Pre-university with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 from an institution recognized by the Malaysian Government;
Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM)
- A pass at the Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) level with a minimum grade of Jayyid and a pass in
- Mathematics and English at SPM level; Note: The requirement for PASS in Mathematics and English at the SPM level can be excluded if the candidate obtained a credit or higher grade at STAM.
A pass at the UEC level with minimum of grade B in FIVE (5) subjects including a pass in Mathematics & English;
A Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 from universities/colleges recognized by the Malaysian Government;
A pass at the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma level with minimum score of 30 points;
Other equivalent qualifications recognised by MQA/Malaysian Government
- Diploma Kolej Vokasional (DVM)
- Executive Diploma UM
APEL (Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning)
- IELTS 5.5 or a minimum of Grade B2 (162) in First Cambridge English (FCE) or MUET (Malaysian University English Test) (Band 3) or other equivalent English qualifications recognised by MQA/Malaysian Government. Successful attainment of FCE minimum of Grade B2 (162) conducted by the Centre for English Language (CEL) within 12 months from the date of entry with conditional offer letter.
- The validity period for TOEFL and IELTS is TWO (2) years from the date of the award.
Credit in Mathematics at SPM level
Find out the programme structure and the fees & funding for this programme.
This programme requires a total of 120 credits to complete and is divided into parts as follows:
General Courses by MOHE
- Tamadun Islam dan Tamadun Asia (TITAS)
- Hubungan. Etnik
- Malaysian Studies
- Thinking Skills / Bahasa Kebangsaan A
- Introduction to the Malaysian Constitution
- Melayu Komunikasi 2 (International)
- Co-curriculum (Professional
Event Management / Community
Engagement & Volunteering)
- Professional Communication Skills
- Academic English
- Volunteerism and Service Learning
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Program Core Courses
- Fundamental of Social Media
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- Digital Communication Strategy
- Brand Management
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Marketing Management
- Personal Selling and Sales Management
- Advertising and Social Promotion
- Social Media Content Marketing
- Advanced Production and Operations Management
- Data Mining
School Core Courses
- Corporate Social Policy
- Principles of Management
- Business Mathematics
- Business Statistics
- Principles of Finance
- Principles of Marketing
- Financial Management
- Business Law
- Strategic Management
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Organizational Behaviour
- Principle of Accounting
Elective Courses ( Choose 4 courses)
- FinTech and Crowdfunding
- Consumer Behaviour & Social Media
- Digital Revolution
- Case Study and Project Management
- Risk Management
- Negotiation and Conflict Management
- Islamic Financial Planning
- Islamic Financial Markets and Institutions
- Retailing Management
- Strategic Entrepreneurship
Internship for Business Administration
*For enquiries on our programme fees, please contact our Marketing Department at 03 2730 7231 / 7053 / 7043 / 7184 / 7041 / 7046
Identify a great career opportunity
that is right for you
- Social Media Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Public Relations Manager
- Sales Manager
- Brand Manager
- Promotions Manager
- Market Researcher
- Media Planner
- Media Buyer
You Might Be
Look for other programmes that you might be interested.