Master in Early Childhood Education
- 1 year 4 months
Find out more or Apply Now !
Let’s maintain social distancing.
Talk to our counselors – online.
The Master in Early Childhood Education programme aims at equipping students with knowledge and practical skills in early childhood education as well as inculcating the right attitude, ethics, sense of professionalism and leadership skills for our students to become well trained and knowledgeable educators. The programme is designed to provide students with an industry-relevant curriculum which addresses both theoretical study and current practices in early childhood education to produce graduates with critical thinking and problem solving skills so they can contribute to nation-building and adapt to market needs in the context of early childhood education needs.
The Master of Early Childhood Education is tailored to allow the graduates to embark upon teaching, training, managing and providing consultation in the field of early childhood education. Equipped with holistic and integrated knowledge, the graduates will be able to work as childcare providers, trainers in early childhood education, trainers and consultants in early childhood education, academicians, researchers, decision makers, entrepreneurs as well as practical and theoretical thinkers in early childhood education and beyond.
Find out your qualification that matches to enter the programme.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in ECE with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 or its equivalent; OR
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 or its equivalent, as accepted by the Senate AND 3 years working experience in early childhood fields; OR
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 or its equivalent, as accepted by the Senate AND a Diploma in ECE/ 4 years working experience in early childhood fields; OR
- A Bachelor’s Degree not meeting CGPA of 2.50 or its equivalent, as accepted by the Senate can be accepted subject to a minimum of 5 years working experience in early childhood fields and rigorous internal assessment.
- For International students, Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 600 OR International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 OR its equivalent.
- The validity period for TOEFL and IELTS is two (2) years from the date of the award.
APEL admission requirement for Master Programme: Minimum 30 years of age with STPM/Diploma/A-Level/equivalent and relevant work experience.
Find out the programme structure and the fees & funding for this programme.
Master in Early Childhood Education requires a total of 40 credits to complete in 1 year 4 months.
- Foundations of Education
- Psychology of Learning and Instruction
- Young Children in Multicultural Environment
- Theories and Programme in Early Childhood Education
- Curriculum Development in Early Childhood Education
- Assessment in Early Childhood Education
- Policies and Practice in Early Childhood Education
- Programs Research Methodology
Strategic Human Resource Management OR Innovation and Creativity
Managerial Leadership OR Entrepreneurship
Trend and Issues in Early Childhood Education OR Early Childhood Intervention and Program Development
*For enquiries on our programme fees, please contact our Marketing Department at 03 2730 7231 / 7053 / 7043 / 7184 / 7041 / 7046
Identify a great career opportunity
that is right for you.
- A Preschool/Kindergarten Teacher
- Early Childhood Educator
- Head Teacher
- Centre Administrator
- Early Childhood Education Director
- Early Childhood Curriculum Developer
- Course Coordinator
- Consultant associated with pre-schools and even for those who are planning to open a pre-school
You Might Be
Look for other programmes that you might be interested.