This page provides information and advice for students taking remotely invigilated exams in the 2021 academic year.
Please take note that the LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor have been successfully activated in UROX.
WHAT IS RESPONDUS LOCKDOWN BROWSER?
LockDown Browser is a locked browser for taking tests in UROX. It prevents you from printing, copying, going to another URL, or accessing other applications during a test. If a UROX test requires that LockDown Browser be used, you will not be able to take the test with a standard web browser.
You may refer to this video link on ‘Introduction to Respondus LockDown Browser’:
HOW TO START?
1. Please take note that students are required to download and install the LockDown Browser application prior to the exam.
LockDown Browser must be installed to each computer (Windows or Mac) being used to take a test.
2. Please be ensure that your PC is running with compatible operating systems supported by RESPONDUS:
- Windows: 10 and 8
- Mac: MacOS 10.12 or higher
- iOS: 11.0+ (iPad only)
3. Please be ensure that a functional webcam and microphone must be connected to the PC.
You will be required to use LockDown Browser with a webcam, which will record you during an online exam. (The webcam feature is sometimes referred to as “Respondus Monitor.”)
4. Please download the application from the given URL:
Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installing of lockdown browser.
5. How to Install LockDown Browser
- Windows computer
Please refer to this helpful video that shows how to install LockDown Browser on a Windows computer:
- Mac computer
Please refer to this helpful video that shows how to install LockDown Browser on a Mac computer:
6. Taking A Test/Exam
- Close all programs, unless one is used to connect you to the Internet
- If prompted, either close a blocked program (e.g. screen capture, instant messaging) by choosing Yes. Or, close LockDown Browser and close the blocked program before restarting
- Log into UROX and click on the exam paper link from UROX calendar.
- Your computer must have a functioning webcam and microphone
- The Webcam Check will confirm that your webcam and microphone are working properly
- The remaining steps of the Startup Sequence will depend on settings chosen by Exam Unit/Lecturers.
- The test will begin after the Startup Sequence is complete. You cannot exit LockDown Browser until the quiz is submitted for grading.
- If you encounter a problem, select the It’s not working link for troubleshooting tips or please contact us.
7. Additional Support
Please refer to PowerPoint presentations that are available in this announcement for your step-by-step instructions to complete the installation of LockDown browser and flow when taking the test/exam.
For any inquiries, questions or technical support, please feel free to contact us through the following ways:
WhatsApp: 03-2730 7074, 03-2730 7192, 03-2730 7206 03-2730 7136
Or you may go to this link for Student Support FAQ